Position: Public Service Pride Week (PSPW) 2024 Planning and Execution Lead
Duration: January to September 2024
Are you a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who thrives as both a team player and an independent worker? Do you possess excellent people skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with federal organizations and public servants at all levels? If so, we have an exciting micro-assignment opportunity for you!
Public Service Pride Week is gaining interest in other jurisdictions and the Public Service Pride Network (PSPN) is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented individual to lead the planning and execution of PSPW 2024. This nine-month micro-assignment offers a unique chance to contribute to a vibrant and inclusive work environment.
- Develop a comprehensive event and communications plan for PSPW 2024.
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of event logistics.
- Collaborate closely with federal organizations and public servants at various levels to ensure the success of PSPW activities.
- Forge strong working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders (internal and external).
- Oversee marketing and communication efforts to promote PSPW events.
- Draft speeches and other documents as needed.
- Work closely with teams responsible for graphics, video production, and multimedia.
- Facilitate and coordinate diverse sessions, workshops, and discussions.
- Lead the flag initiative in collaboration with Public Services and Procurement Canada.
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and collaboration abilities.
- Proven track record of working both independently and as part of a team.
- Prior event planning experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with 2SLGBTQIA+ issues and communities.
- Have full access to MS Teams.
We are on the lookout for individuals from diverse communities, backgrounds, and unique life experiences. Your distinct perspectives are the key to making a lasting impact!
This is a unique opportunity to create an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all, while opening doors to an exciting career path. In this role, you'll develop influential networks and gain access to high-level leaders in the public service.
If you're ready to embrace this thrilling adventure, don't wait!
Submit your CV and cover letter to PSPN-RFFP@csps-efpc.gc.ca before October 20, 2023.
Your cover letter must indicate:
- Your relevant experience.
- Why you’re the ideal candidate.
- Confirmation from your manager, as your home department/agency will cover your salary and benefits during the micro-assignment.
Join us in shaping the future of our public service together!